Instrumentation: SATB/SSAA/TTBB Chorus
Year Composed: 2009-ongoing
Listen to the works in this collection
This collection of short choral works is all based on settings of texts created via fridge magnet poetry, mostly by people at house parties who had consumed a fair amount of alcohol, hence the title “Inebriated Refrigeration Magnetics”.
Each text fragment is listed below.
***Please note, if you are a member of the Grammar Police, do not read this unless you can manage to contain your frustration and rage at the absolute lack of any attempt at proper language skills and are able to see that is part of the fun of the texts.***
- I love you whether I say black heart, or a bug ugly. You, my heart, your tongue are flushed. I haven’t stained the lips, but now I’m pretty damn on.
- Darling, when this heart was the only oil of life, I knew every tomorrow I’d be kissing the reason I got a bypass.
- You tore out my heart and all my life I wouldn’t ran off with your biscuits.
- Get your buns all raised mama, Miss Nickels love the bed in the oven.
- If acting single ain’t bad, why won’t she take her flat sucker and win? Can I?
- I’m afraid I’d gone from goodbye to the windshield honeymoon; Don’t ever marry you, it’s hell.
- Bone house snowball experiment
- Hunger lingers
Like black dead ice
- One wheel down
Take care of business
And purple squeaky clouds
- Thanks for the greasy chisel
The cat like to crunch in it
- Aesthetic sculptures
Plumply indulge thirst
One stone can’t scultpt the night
- A monument saved
See mushroom girl
Who is your judge
Bitter stew at all she wrote
- Will on line
On a time
Nine in the day
There is no I in lining
- You create the impression that’s a cheap suit model
- Don’t eat the wrong tree
Nibble a piece of cake hot
- Ask the cake
Make which said
It clear as red fried clam
- A gift horse
Investigate the heads up scream
- Morning hunger
We’ve got to swallow
Beer sausage bloom
Or cat bottom studio
- My soup will always be wild
- She nibbles sooth grapefruits
- Behind you a deliciously happy muffin smiles
- Milk the tuna taco
With fresh night juice